Tuesday, August 13, 2013

I Don't Always Believe... Featuring A.F.I Designs

I have insomnia this week. It's something that comes part and parcel with the change in my status physically, and on that note, its AMAZINGGG. Whatever those new docs did two weeks ago in my micro-surgery helped. I have been pain free for almost 10 days. When I don't have pain, I don't need medication. This also is AMAZINGGG! Lack of sleep seems a small price to pay.


So I was up at 4 a.m. this morning, trying my best to distract myself and enjoy what I love most online, a bit of Disney Girl with a healthy dose of Second Life modeling/fashion/blogging. While I was practicing on a runway gym, I saw a notice pop up for this awesome company I'd not ever known but thought looked terrific. I spoke to the designer behind the name, a very industrious woman who shared some of her expectations and successes.


By the time she added me to her blogger group, I felt a sense of 'out of my league.' I have a healthy respect for the process any new endeavor takes to learn, a good self-esteem, and an understanding that I'm better at what I do than I was yesterday and I know I'll be better than that tomorrow. I learn from those who walked in this path prior to my journey. I try to share with those who are stepping in that path behind me. It's a joy to me and most of the time, I simply believe in myself.


This was one of those moments of doubt. I didn't have all the criteria to meet the expectations. I do have drive, passion and ambition to reach for those expectations with all that's within me. I want to learn and live up to the challenge. I had one of those knots in my throat, not quite able to swallow. I found it was there as we talked and later as I styled this first item she sent to me, this Ice Tiger Dress. What a first piece to wear it is too!


She made a decision to let me try this, and share her designs on my little corner of the web. I find the dress inspiring. I find the designer inspiring. I don't always believe. I have moments of doubt. I do my best and reach for the stars. I appreciate DJ A.F.I (ladigirl). I know that for the next little while, whatever the length of our season where we get to walk this journey together, I am the fortunate one. Thank you for the opportunity.

Featuring A.F.I Designs Ice Tiger Dress
1. EMO-tions: Kimi
2. IKON: Sunrise Eyes Steel Blue Pale
3. Gaeline Mesh Lashes: Divina
4. Face Paint: Lip 7
5. Face Paint: Metallic Shine Green
6. *Glance Skins: Anais
7. FuLo: Bangles and Watch Set
8. Chop Zuey: JW Mirror of the Soul Necklace
9. WetCat Poses

No comments:

Post a Comment