Sunday, December 29, 2013

Waiting For Time To Fly -- Featuring Evolve, Kyxe Skins & Shapes, ~ghe and Poseway Poses from Couturier's Docks *gift

It's nearly time for a new year. Many times I ascribe to a new year all the things that didn't quite happen in the year that's just occurred. I read a study mentioned recently that said we spend an average of 17% of our entire life waiting. For the study, they included waiting in line at a fast food, in traffic before and after work, and other things that probably are relevant to so many of us.


But I think we wait on a lot more than just the things the study addressed. We wait on news about topics that range from medical news to the birth and death of loved ones. We wait on people to change, sometimes with a skewed point of view ourselves because I've never thought that expecting someone else to change was logical, yet I've still put myself in that position throughout my life.


I don't know about others but I find it just as difficult to wait on good news as it is to wait on not so good news. I have been watching the show Breaking Bad on Netflix, and there was a scene where a man who'd been diagnosed with serious cancer was told treatments had worked and his cancer decreased by a huge margin.


His reaction to the news shocked me. He smiled pleasantly while he was in the office with the physical and family but then excused himself and went to the men's room. At that point, after assuring he was alone, he turned and punched the hand dryer so many times that it dented and his hand was in sorry shape. This reaction surprised me at first.


Sometimes, I'm waiting for something but when it finally arrives, I'm not sure what to do with it. As I pondered why he was so angry, letting go in a physical way, in that solitude of the men's room, I realized that his response was probably the way many of us would handle it. Even when we're waiting for time to fly, a certain answer, a thing we need, it doesn't always add up to what we thought it would.

The new year brings more time, and 17% of that time will be spent waiting again. I think the key here would be to fill life, wherever I am, whatever I'm doing, with goodness and kindness, so that I don't worry later about lost time. I also think it's helpful to realize that sometimes all the waiting in the world won't make a situation easier. Sometimes it complicates it.

I pray your New Year brings goodness and kindness, love, joy and peace. Live! Laugh! Love!

Featuring Poseway Poses from Couturier's Docks **See Note
Featuring Evolve{SG} Zoom
Featuring Kyxe Skins & Shapes Papaver Skintone
Featuring ~ghee White Pyper Coat
1. no. 7: Kissing Lipstick
2. IKON: Sunrise Eyes Steel Blue Pale
3. *booN: CCV788
4. WoW: Diva Lashes
5. [S H O C K]: Starshine Glitter Nails
6. [White Widow]: Face Tattoo Petale White/Black
7. {{BSD Design Studio}}: IT Girl Shining Black
8. Chop Zuey: Le Bolshevik (Christmas Gift-Thank you Ms. Belle!)

No comments:

Post a Comment