Sunday, April 14, 2013

My Final Final from Miss Virtual World Modeling Academy

What an insane and amazing experience this past year has been, beginning at Face Paint as a new face, eager and so unprepared for this modeling world til now, finally certified officially as a model. I began working in Face Paint approximately 1 year and 1 month ago. I landed in what can only be described as the perfect petri dish for someone who really wanted to become a Second Life model.


I registered for Miss Virtual World's Academy shortly after joining Face Paint but was quite unsure of myself. Seasoned models offered advice that I wasn't ready yet for MVW, and reluctantly I took their advice - something I'm so so glad I did now in retrospect - and enrolled in the classes for the matriculation in August. If you scroll through my history on this blog, you can see comments regarding this big step.


I went through 105 graduation at the end of August and really didn't think I'd graduate. I knew from peers that they really only allowed polished models to graduate and I was just beginning. As I expected, I did not graduate. I went back in November and again in February of 2013. Each time, I learned new things, observed, tried, failed, felt a thousand emotions and at one point after try #3, I was sure I should give up my modeling dream.


The instructors have been here all along, willing to meet between exam weekends, willing to review and help and encourage, and invested in my success. As long as I was driven to succeed, they were willing to help. For this, I am so grateful. I came to see an array of models who'd passed through MVA in the past as assistants and through the nine months, new people joined the group of educators.

Somewhere in the past month, I realized the difference between elegant and pretty, sweet and lovely, and the edgy difference of a model. There was never anything wrong with being that girl next door, or the PTA mom, or other things I'd heard to describe that new model. I never felt insulted; I never felt successful. This fourth 105 exam weekend brought to fruition these many months of work, trial and error, and hopefully sparked something wonderful yet to come.


MVW Academy 105 Day 1
Featured Mea Culpa Shoes Player
Featured Chop Zuey Tightrope Mens Bracelet
Featured Face Paint: Jane Glamour
Featured Mirror's Enigma Superbia Mini Dress
1. Custom Shape
2. Poetic Eyes: Quicksilver
3. [ChicZafari]: Rose Hair
4. Quintessencia: 17 Nails
5. Shear Tights by Caryn
6. Zanze: Joslyn Jacket
7. Avante Poses
8. Taken on site at Image Essentials


MVW Academy 105 Day 2
Featured *booN* CCV788 Chocolate
Featured Poetic Eyes Autumn Colors - Storm
1. Custom Shape
2. Gaeline Mesh Lashes: Fantasia
3. Finesmith Nails: French Sky
4. Glam Affair: Amberly
5. Dot-Be: Shadra Lotus Skirt
6. VicE: Dangerous Liasons Top
7. Schadenfreude Noir Something Wicked
8. DADAbeiz: Black Half Ankle Boots
9. Chop Zuey: Black Ice Earrings
10. Chop Zuey: Nose Diamonds White Gold
11. Chop Zuey: The Hand of God Men's Necklace
12. :: Purple Moon :: Marlene Gown Gloves
13. Face Paint: Helios Smoke 
14. Lace Leggings by Caryn
15. Adorkable Poses
16. Taken on site at Image Essentials


MVW Academy Graduation 105 Outfit
Featured .:NV:. Birth of Diamond Mesh Corsett
Featured Amour Signature Ciara Zebra Mesh Boots
Featured J'adore Tu Tu
Featured MADesigns Hair Demi Black
1. Custom Shape
2. Poetic Eyes: Autumn Colors - Storm
3. Face Paint: Gem Eyes - Red
4. Candy Nail: Rosy Black
5. Glam Affair: Amberly
6. Lace Tattoo by Caryn
7. Jewelry by Jake: Valencia White Diamond/Pearl Collection
8. Manifeste Poses
9. Taken on site at Image Essentials

No comments:

Post a Comment