Friday, June 6, 2014

Aging Gracefully -- Featuring from Fashion For Life: EMO-tions, *+Crie Style+*, ASC, **Feel** and New From h.m.a.e.m.

I find myself using silver and snow hair lately a lot more than when I first began blogging. The longer I invest in this, the more of me I seem to pour into it. This series of photos shows a really apt version of Karyn c. 2000. Granted, it's 14 years ago. And I no longer coach soccer, ref soccer matches and in general stay fit. That world was another time and place.
I don't mind so much that life evolves, all round us and within us at the same time. I don't mind that I age, or change size, shape, skin tone and everything else that comes with age. My voice still sounds like I'm about 15, but the rest of me looks my age and then some. Some ladies are delicate about age. "You never ask a woman how old she is." Sage advice from bygone days.
But why? I've never quite understood the logic behind anyone not wanting to reveal age. With age comes experience, wisdom, or at least the ability to say, "Oh, yeah that stupid thing you just did... been there, done that. You'll be alright." Men are allowed to age, but women? Society has too many double standards for gender based opinion for me to mention them all. This is but one.

I sit here, and I think about me, and my wisdom (and stupidity) and the things I've done and seen and loved. I think about the people that I didn't know 14 years ago when I looked like this, and the years since where new friends surfaced and life evolved. I am glad I'm here, doing this thing, in my now. I don't wish for yesteryear or long for a future I'm not sure will come.

A whole plethora of items from Fashion For Life are shown in my photos. EMO-tions (beautiful silver and black fade!), ASC, **Feel**, *+Crie Style+*. Besides the items from Fashion For Life, I've used the dress res gestae from h.m.a.e.m. If you want to donate directly to Fashion For Life: Relay for Life -- http://www.relayforlife.org/getinvolved/donate/

Thank you to each designer who helped make this blog possible:
Featuring from Fashion For Life ASC La Fringe Boots in Jett
Featuring from Fashion For Life **Feel** Cross Triple Ring Silver/Blue
Featuring from Fashion For Life **Feel** Pearl and Wire Jewelry Set
Featuring from Fashion For Life *+Crie Style+* Cantabile 6th Anniversary
Featuring from Fashion For Life EMO-tions Josie
Featuring from h.m.a.e.m. Res Gestae White and Black
1. Kyxe Skins & Shapes: Lily Skin Tone Hannah Natural Face
2. Candy Nail: Twist Chiyogami Gold
3. Maxi Gossamer: Wild Full Thick Lashes
4. KMADD/Moda: Mesh Eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment