Friday, July 19, 2013

A Good Heart

I think it could get easy to get overwhelmed by the number of people who ask for help in our world. I receive calls all the time through the year because I choose to donate to agencies like St. John's Children Hospital at Christmas in lieu of gifts to extended family. I choose when I want to give, but once they are aware that someone with a charitable heart lives at an address with a phone number, this information becomes public knowledge. And I get it. I know that finding financial support for any venture takes a lot of time and a lot of patience.


One way we reach beyond our basic virtual world of Second Life includes charitable activities. I've participated in fund raising for Cancer Research, ALS and Hope for Emilia to name just a few. Additionally, I've seen how our fraternity works together in unity to help those who have invested something special in our Second Life and suddenly realize their world is crumbling.


It might look like a set from Christmas in July. I found my neighbor's property had some of the most gorgeous settings around the large area of land he/she owns. Yes, this is physical proof of me trespassing. Oops! I couldn't stay away of the beautiful winter and holiday themed area though. And as I started thinking about the Donna Flora event, I was thinking that what each designer and friend does to help will feel like Christmas to Squinternet Larnia.


I don't know much about her. I don't need to know though. I don't think she expected an outpouring of hope and care like this. It must feel like Christmas, knowing that friends and co-workers are putting together this large event in her name and giving her proceeds to help her in her life off line. It may not be that time of year, but it's a beautiful thing to do and reminds me of that time of year. This elegant fur over a long formal gown comes from Luziefee and it's one of her contributions to the fundraiser which officially begins July 21.

Featuring Luziefee Dyani
 ---- at the Love Donna Flora Event, Begins July 21!
1. Poetic Color: Oriental Pearl
2. Truth: Brandi
3. Gaeline Mesh Lashes: Divina
4. Face Paint: Trinity
5. Mirror's Enigma: Nixie Light Skintone
6. ::Duh!:: Little Leather Clutch
7. MiWardrobe: Horns Earrings

8. N-Core: Casting

No comments:

Post a Comment