Thursday, September 5, 2013

Sitting Pretty -- Featuring Zanze, KMADD, A.F.I Designs, and KL Couture

It's one of those phrases that seemed to be used a lot when I was growing up, "Sit Pretty." It meant to behave like a little lady, even if I were only 5 or 6. I knew what it meant and for the most part, the sitting wasn't so hard on me, I could sit and be still for hours.

Featuring Zanze Melody Dress
1. IKON: Sunrise Eyes Steel Blue Pale
2. Hairoin: Sultana
3. Gaelien Mesh Lashes: Starlia
4. Face Paint: Perfect Liner
5. Face Paint: Nail Art Nails
6. [Mirror's Enigma]: Sapphire Tan Skintone
7. Kyxe: Grape Lip Gloss
8. Liv-Glam: Mandelli Ankle Boot
9. Celestina's Wedding: My Lady Gold Earrings
10. Taken on location at Image Essentials

"Sit Pretty" did not just mean sit still. It also meant to stop talking. That was my huge challenge all the time. I thought there were far too many places in the world where a little precocious girl had to go and be still and silent. Waaay too many.

Featuring Zanze Melody Dress
1. IKON: Sunrise Eyes Steel Blue Pale
2. Hairoin: Sultana
3. Gaelien Mesh Lashes: Starlia
4. Face Paint: Perfect Liner
5. Face Paint: Nail Art Nails
6. [Mirror's Enigma]: Sapphire Tan Skintone
7. Kyxe: Grape Lip Gloss
8. Liv-Glam: Mandelli Ankle Boot
9. Celestina's Wedding: My Lady Gold Earrings
10. Taken on location at Image Essentials

I was fortunate enough to have two very unique Grandmothers. They'd each pioneered into the work force during a time that unless you were desperate or hungry or your family unable to have its needs met, a woman simply did not take a job outside her home. Being a home maker WAS the job.

Featuring A.F.I Designs Shattered Sneaker
Featuring KMADD DJ AFI Birthday Hair
Featuring KL Couture Top, Pants and Jacket
1. IKON: Sunrise Eyes Steel Blue Pale
2. [Mirror's Enigma]: Azuka Dark Lips, Azuka Eyeshadow 10 Spring, Azuka Blue 01
3. [Mirror's Enigma]: Sofia Dusk Skintone
4. Di's Opera Poses

These two women were such inspiration on many subjects. I'm not sure I ever quite lived up to the still and pretty and quiet little girl, but I did gain insight from their lifetime and their experiences that made it easier for me to learn and process my lifetime. One of the things they each offered were tales about their own childhood.

Featuring A.F.I Designs Shattered Sneaker
Featuring KMADD DJ AFI Birthday Hair
Featuring KL Couture Top, Pants and Jacket
1. IKON: Sunrise Eyes Steel Blue Pale
2. [Mirror's Enigma]: Azuka Dark Lips, Azuka Eyeshadow 10 Spring, Azuka Blue 01
3. [Mirror's Enigma]: Sofia Dusk Skintone
4. Di's Opera Poses

Rules have evolved a great deal in the 100 years since they were born. It's rare for a gaggle of 8 young daughters to have to sit in the parlor all afternoon on a Sunday in our current age, but when my Gramma was growing up, her father would seat his daughters around him and keep a stern eye watching constantly. If one of them chirped or whispered, he would growl sternly and tell them to shut up and knit.

The elements in Second Life that allow us to express such diverse lifestyle choices, edgy fun and dramatic beauty provide a little something for everyone. Zanze's new Melody Dress (top two photos) show an elegant side of my personality. Then there is the wicked wild look created from new items from KL Couture. The hair from KMADD and the sneakers from A.F.I Designs round out the fierce side of me.

Before I forget, I wanted to mention a birthday celebration A.F.I had for her birthday in Second Life. I attended and loved the socializing. I had a great dance partner, a fella named Peter. I've never been to a party where the birthday girl or guy gives their guests presents, but that's what happened. The new hair and shoes are a part of the gifties I received. How thoughtful! Thank you DJ A.F.I and Madd.

No comments:

Post a Comment