Sunday, September 8, 2013

Stepping Into New Waters -- Featuring Liv-Glam, [[Masoom]] and Hairoin

Life changes and that's a good thing. It makes get out of the ruts of familiarity and comforts we design for ourselves. This week, Eve Express at Face Paint announced that Face Paint was closing at the end of this month. My entire model career has occurred with Eve as a mentor, friend, boss and sometimes 'mom'.

Featuring [[Masoom]] Sheela Top - Devil
Featuring Hairoin: Kenzie
1. IKON: Sunrise Eyes Steel Blue Pale
2. Pulcino: Reyukken
3. Noya: Chrystal Platinum Female
4. [Mirror's Enigma]: Megumi Skinny Jeans
5. Viviane Fashion: No4 Pink
6. Face Paint: Copper Bangles
7. Cute Poison: End of the World Necklace
8. Gaeline Mesh Lashes: Divina

So it's time to seek out new territory to explore and learn something new. My passion for a while has been photography in Second Life. I had a very old laptop for a long time, and about a month ago, I got an Alienware. It does graphics and shadows and things I never knew were even on the screen in Second Life.

Featuring [[Masoom]] Sheela Top - Devil
Featuring Hairoin: Kenzie
1. IKON: Sunrise Eyes Steel Blue Pale
2. Pulcino: Reyukken
3. Noya: Chrystal Platinum Female
4. [Mirror's Enigma]: Megumi Skinny Jeans
5. Viviane Fashion: No4 Pink
6. Face Paint: Copper Bangles
7. Cute Poison: End of the World Necklace
8. Gaeline Mesh Lashes: Divina

I scroll back to photos I took previous to my new computer and I realize how little I had to work with considering all the fascinating props and tools Second Life gives us. I take photos with several different windlight settings, like this one and the one under this sentence.

Featuring [[Masoom]] Sheela Top - Devil
Featuring Hairoin: Kenzie
1. IKON: Sunrise Eyes Steel Blue Pale
2. Pulcino: Reyukken
3. Noya: Chrystal Platinum Female
4. [Mirror's Enigma]: Megumi Skinny Jeans
5. Viviane Fashion: No4 Pink
6. Face Paint: Copper Bangles
7. Cute Poison: End of the World Necklace
8. Gaeline Mesh Lashes: Divina

I do this just to see what happens. It's like looking for the prize at the bottom of a Cracker Jack box. I never quite know what will happen when I push <this> button. Eventually I imagine I'll get used to some of the settings and it won't be such a huge surprise, but I know it will still be a joy.

Featuring Liv-Glam Gone To California
1. IKON: Sunrise Eyes Steel Blue Pale
2. Sexy Mama's Sculpted Nails
3. [Mirror's Enigma]: Sapphire Tan Skintone
4. Bird Next Door: Ethnik Bangles
5. Moonshadow: Flower Season
6. Hairoin: Insidious

I've begun to take photos of friends. I'd like to take more photos as time passes, and work with a number of subjects so I can learn as I go. If you're interested in posing and letting me play, I won't charge anything. I would just treasure your time. If you had interest in the photos, you can have them for the price of the upload or I can send them to you via Email so you upload them yourself.

Featuring Liv-Glam Gone To California
1. IKON: Sunrise Eyes Steel Blue Pale
2. Sexy Mama's Sculpted Nails
3. [Mirror's Enigma]: Sapphire Tan Skintone
4. Bird Next Door: Ethnik Bangles
5. Moonshadow: Flower Season
6. Hairoin: Insidious

I only caution you to realize that I'm not a professional photographer. I want to expand my abilities as a photographer, but that takes time and practice. If you're looking for something special, there are countless amazing SL photographers whom I'd recommend you to hire. If you're content to work with a novice, please contact me. Add me. I have a caryn Ashdene blog, flickr, SL and Facebook account.

No comments:

Post a Comment