Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A Flickering Flame

I have often heard the saying "You're drawn to that like a moth to a flame." It's a warning. Moths try to get close to light for warmth, but if they get too close, their wings are damaged with imminent peril closely ensues. So many things tempt us. We want to be near the warmth of that thing, but no one wants to be burned.


The smallest flickering flame can light the world at night. Such power. I have to be careful that I find balance and moderation so I can enjoy things like cheesecake and shopping in Second Life without getting too close that I get burned. I also carefully seek friendships, business relationships, and connections in Second Life. Occasionally those too can spark like a flame with acuity and power, and on those occasions when it burns, it's painful. Thankfully, I've had far more positive connections than negative ones!


How close should I get to the flame's bright light? I have a few little singe marks on my wings, but for the most part, I have joy and balance. I hope the same is true for you. That warm feeling is so intoxicating whether it comes from shopping or hanging out with the latest trendy crowd. I know I want it. It is so easy to be the moth flitting close to the flickering flame.


Featured: Face Paint - Sunkissed 2
Featured: Morea Style - Julie (Includes Dress + Necklace
     + mod version of Necklace used as bracelet
Featured: EMO-tions Anna 2
Featured: {mv} - Bitchchain Boots White
1. Custom Shape
2. Glam Affair Skin: Jadis
3. Poetic Eyes: Quicksilver
4. Gaeline Mesh Lashes: Starlia
5. Noya: Silver Music Nails
6. EMO-tions: Silver Hoops Earrings
7. [LAP]

No comments:

Post a Comment