Saturday, February 9, 2013

Wishing Well

One of my favorite artists of all time painted a portrait of my perfect world. If I could dance into the fantasy world of Thomas Kincade and the painting Make a Wish Cottage I would go today. It's been that special place in my mind where I could go if the world seemed to roar or spin out of control, and I wouldn't need to pack a thing.


Today I found a special place in Second Life that inspired the same energy, hope and fun. As I lay back thinking about the wish that I would wish the most, my mind traveled. I watched how the sun filtered brilliantly through the trees and I was mesmerized. The comfortable pant suit I wore made it easy to look chic and appreciate the setting. Violet Crush Bravin does a little bit of everything in Second Life's fashion community, from managing a modeling agency to designing her own line. I saw this Belladonna sweater and pants in her new releases information and knew I wanted to wear and share it on my next blog.


It's an oasis for the mind, this essence of hope and physical representation of that hope, but when Blink 182 sang about a Wishing Well, their lyrics went in another direction.

I went to a wishing well, I sank to the ocean floor Cut up by sharper rocks and washed up along the shore I reached for a shooting star, it burned a hole through my hand Made its way through my heart; Have fun in the promised land

Maybe there's a warning here, even on the edge of perfect hope, to be careful what you wish for, and be sure you really want it. I have had the time of my life in Second Life. It's a venue that allows for fantasy and reality to meld together. It's a place I can wish for something, then work hard to make sure that wish come true. I haven't quite arrived there... yet. I've met models and designers and many others invested in the fashion world who feel like they wished something and ended up cut up by sharper rocks and washed up on the shore. Be encouraged. It takes patience and time, and sometimes a few bumps and bruises, but the secret is  your steadfast determination. Not every wish will come true, however, no one every told me how often I could visit that serene and safe place and I've never heard there's a limited number of wishes.

(Included in this photo - Glam Affair Skin: Jadis, Poetic Eyes: Autumn Moon, EMO-tions: Anushka, Gaeline Mesh Lashes: Fantasia, Face Paint: Valentine Silver, Sexy Mama Valentine Sculpted Nails, Chop Zuey Exaltation Earrings, N-Core: Coquette Red and Image Essentials: Poses from Virtual Props to create the wishing well scene.)

No comments:

Post a Comment