Thursday, February 28, 2013

And All I Gotta Do Is Open My Eyes and See Her - The Mystery Woman

I liked this song from the Allman Brothers, Mystery woman... and the line here "and all I gotta do is open my eyes and see her - mystery woman..."

Sometimes the things we need to see are right in front of us. It should be obvious but we're blind. In the US, we have a saying that's relevant here, "You can't see the forest for the trees." Maybe sometimes we get too close to something and miss it all together. I do.


At Model's Workshop this afternoon, Monica Balut offered part one of a two part class on Second Life Photography. I have been using the Second Life program since March of 2005 and I've looked at loads of tutorials and worksheets and videos, and I still missed this tiny little arrow on the basic snapshot window. When I saw that in the class, I realized that if I had missed that detail, there would probably be many other things I could learn from that class and anything else I attend because things are changing all the time and even when things stay the same, sometimes I miss the forest for the trees. A mystery to this woman... a good thing too. I love learning. Thank you Monica for the incredible amount of information you poured into your class tonight!


Featured: Kim Rongyu - Clio Blue Swirl
Featured: EMO-tions Memory Necklace
1. Custom Shape
2. Glam Affair Skin: Jadis
3. Poetic Eyes: Quicksilver
4. Gauged: Fedora with Coffee Hair
5. Face Paint: Frost Shadow Orange and Face Paint New Lip 5
6. [S H O C K]: Animalier Nails - Giraffe
7. Tights by Caryn
8. DADAbeiz: Black-Half Ankle Boots
9. Di's Opera Poses

No comments:

Post a Comment