Thursday, January 2, 2014

On the Precipice -- Featuring A.F.I Designs, KMADD/Moda, {{BSD}}, [Underscore], .charme.

I can't help but feel that sense of stepping closer and closer to the edge of the precipice that's been with me for a couple of days now. It's so much larger than the psyche and what I try to share online. I suppose we all feel mortal from time to time, and at the end of one year and the beginning of another, I pondered like many of you did, "What would happen next?"


I wish I felt as well put together as I look in the photos I've shared. I styled them on the 30th and photographed on the 1st. It's a great look that came together between the old year and new. I scrolled back to the beginning of my flickr photostream. I think a year makes a lot of difference. I love what I'm doing now, more than I did then, and know there is so much more I want to do.


I heard a quote this week in a maelstrom of movies I've watched that were filmed from 1980 to the present. Paraphrased, At 30 we realize that we must stop looking for the person we will be when we grow up and start analyzing the person we are now. It was about milestones and I can see milestones along my path and know many others have found their own on their journey.


This holiday, there were the gnattering arguments, frustrating family tiffs, good food, sweet time with family and for all that was frustrating, there were good things to lend balance. Instead of dealing with the crisis of 30, I'm somewhere else.

During each experience, good or bad, I kept seeing life from another point of view, as if I could already be 70 and look back on those moments and feel them for what they were. I knew that some of the negative energy would always be a way of life but with a bit of focus, I could help encourage positive energy.

I took a deep breath and looked into my personal future and saw the big scary C word. It's something so many of you have shared as your own personal challenge. Because I know I'm at a precipice, unlike anything I've ever faced up til now, I paused and took another look at different things that happened, and brushed off things that could have hurt and held on to those that were precious.

None of us have a calendar, a proof that today we're here, and tomorrow we will be too. None of us like facing mortality, but when we do, we all have that twinge of the idea, "If I knew it was the last...then I'd do it different." That defined my holiday, my family time, my bounce into this new year. And not I'm going to take it one step at a time, holding on to friends and family as I do.

Featuring A.F.I Designs Bella Dress
Featuring .charme. Floral Headpiece
Featuring FINESMITH LAVAN
Featuring {{BSD Design Studio}} Free As a Bird White
Featuring KMADD/Moda Female Runway Poses
Featuring [Underscore] Pannan
1. SLink: Elegant 1
2. Kyxe Skins & Shapes:
- Latte Skintone
- Captivate Lips Bubble Gum
- Sparkle Eyeshadow Ripe Pink
3. MADesigns: Eyes Attention Hard
4. .::Shellac: Polka Dot Nails

No comments:

Post a Comment