Monday, July 7, 2014

Tomorrow, Who Knows? -- Featuring ECRU from Designer Showcase, WTB, Chop Zuey, EMO-tions and **Feel**

I warn those who are close to me that my life has been on a veritable roller coaster since the day I was born. I came into the world and became a ward of the state instantly. I spent the first year and 3 days of my life in the University of Virginia's ICU for little tiny people. I've heard off and on through my life, and long before I understood words, "You're not going to make it." I suppose I just took it as a dare. "You wanna bet?" So here I am, 45 and I'm still making it, one day at a time, and hopeful that you out there, reading my words, are taking the same dare life gives. I know it's tough sometimes. A special person dies. A loved one gets injured or ill. A baby is born with special needs. I know that you can make it. If you need to take it one small step at a time, you CAN do it. When I hear your stories, turn a listening ear into a virtual hug, I also know deep down inside that if I could make the conscious decision to survive this roller coaster we all call life, YOU CAN Too!!
I love evolution of self. It happens off line and online. I also love History, a fanatic about it really. It helps to see where we've been so we can figure out what we are and where we're going. SL turned 2 shortly after I joined. There was a team pulled together of Lindens and users, creators, and important figures of that generation. Now we're in the midst of turning 11 and there's going to be an SL-2 somewhere in the future. It's evolution. And each of us will figure out how to survive. We'll find our niche, stay in the first world or travel to the second and whatever each decides, it will be for a reason, important, and wherever you invest time and heart, you will find home.
I really enjoy blogging. I know it will be here, whether it's for this sim or that designer, or even for the next incarnation of SL. For now, I'm going to do this thing, this latest evolution of my own, blogging events and specialty spaces and sales rooms. It's my way of broadening my own experiences and exposure to more, more designers, more creative people, and more friends. I have E C R U heels on in the first photo, and they're from July at Designer Showcase. I've got a new top and mini from WTB, an item that was at a recent event that's now available in their main store! Chop Zuey has a great men's belt out as a gift this month. I resized it and used it as a choker. I'm also wearing a new ring from **Feel**. And EMO-tions put a pair of new colors out for the hair "Shakira" - Snow (seen in the photo) and Black (not shown). I have it in an Ombre and another color and now have these two colors as well. Between great events, sales and the generosity of designers who share loads of gifts, there's always something fun to wear as we continue to enjoy the only Second Life we've known. Tomorrow, who knows?

The following designers made this style possible:
Featuring from E C R U at Designer Showcase Entice Stilettos
Featuring new gift from Chop Zuey (Men) American Men's Belt - Altered Size and Worn on Throat as Choker
Featuring (new to my blog) WTB MS Paillettes Mesh Outfit
Featuring (new to my blog) **Feel** Cross&Butterfly Triple Ring
Featuring new gift from EMO-tions Shakira Snow (and Black not shown)
1. Chop Zuey: Hana Shobu BellyRing
2. Kyxe Skins & Shapes: Orchid Skin Tone
-- Glamour Lips Butterscotch
3. KMADD/Moda: Mesh Eyes
4. SLink: Elegant 1 Hands
5. Morphine: Freya Cat Eyeshadow
6. Gaeline: Manificia Lashes
7. Corpus Poses

No comments:

Post a Comment