Sunday, November 17, 2013

I Haven't Got Time For the Pain -- Featuring Typhoon Haiyan Top, ::una::, AIDORU, Kyxe Skins & Shapes, MADesigns

In 1988, Medipren borrowed the Carly Simon song, "I haven't got time for the pain." Medipren was one of the first versions of the NSAID Advil aka Ibuprophen. I think it may be one of the all time best uses of a song written prior to the commercial (as opposed to being written for the commercial).


I'm a firm believer in the fact that when we're others focused, we tend to worry less about our own life. Even in the midst of mental or physical pain, a healthy outward focus, to encourage friends, aid others, offer time or financial support to those who need it, will make a personal difference.


Ibuprophen continues to be used for mild pain relief, but I use the connections I've made online as another form of pain relief. It really works. For a time, I suppress some of the fiercest edges of pain below the work and play I engage in, and smile instead of wincing or complaining.


Another thing that helps me deal with pain is perspective. I have seen the photos of the destruction left in the wake of the Typhoon that struck the Philippines last week and I can only begin to imagine the mental and physical pain felt. Taking a few moments to realize there are many who have it much worse than I gives me strength to deal with my own hiccups.

I hope you can get your own shirt, and help support relief efforts in the Philippines. There are both male and female shirts available for 100L. That's roughly 40 cents in US currency. Perspective and distraction are super non-medical options. And when you haven't got time for the pain... pay attention to someone else and you'll lose track of time and the pain! Live! Laugh! Love!

Featuring Typhoon Haiyan Shirt Female 
-- Please support this effort. Male and female shirts for sale.
Featuring ::una:: Suede Ankle Boots
Featuring AIDORU Tribute to Boy George Hat
Featuring Kyxe Skins & Shapes Glamour II ~ Ombre Apple
Featuring MADesigns Eyes - Confidence ~ Subtle Moss
1. Truth: Ana
2. Gaeline: Fantasia
3. Face Paint: Classic Square Prim Manicure
4. [Mirror's Enigma]: Heather Peach Skintone
5. Kyxe Skins & Shapes: Magical Eyeshadows ~ Forest
6. [[Masoom]]: Swirl Bracelet
7. [Eve n Better]: Cintia Tartan Leggings
8. Demise of Flight: Ease-l Into It Pose Prop 3 poses included in prop

No comments:

Post a Comment