Thursday, March 28, 2013

A New Fundraiser: Arret Le Saigment (Stop the Bleeding)

A fella I met at a Casting sent me a 'Group' joiner request the other day and I had to read his profile to make sure I knew him, how I knew him and to better understand his group request. After he explained his purpose and his goals, I considered it a compliment that he'd sent me the request and passionately sought to help him and the others who worked with him to make his plan succeed.


In his own words, "The Cause: Anti Teen Suicide - The Charity: Kids Help Phone - As virtual development and technology rises, it is clear to see the impact it has on our children's self esteem and mental health. Bullying has been on the rise through "cyber bullying". Self esteem has been taken away by photoshop and unreal expectations (and this is where Second Life can play a negative role in the development of our youth). As these factors rise, more and more young children are taking their lives and I want them to know that they are not alone and there is help."

You can read more about this event on the website: http://arret-le-saignement.blogspot.ca/


You are also encouraged to visit the Facebook page and click Like: https://www.facebook.com/groups/227464927395499/

Heath Blessed and Llyssa Serupta began this project and will be encouraged by your support. If you have questions regarding how you might get involved, there is a lot of information on their website, but they are also very easily reached in Second Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment