Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I'm On the Edge Just Trying to Survive

It's been one of those difficult days, but in a positive way. I've been granted the privilege of representing several designers in a Model's Workshop show, and I love it... I'm overwhelmed by it, and I love it... I'm learning new things from so many people, and I love it... Many people have invested a lot of time, extra extra time, to make this show work and to encourage new models in the process. I couldn't thank Monica Balut enough for having this event in her group. I also have no words to say how thoughtful and helpful Jena Adder has been. These women are resources like a treasure trove of ideas and information.



There are also mentors, men and women who've had a great deal more time and experience working with a show helping with this one. One of these women have been a part of almost my entire modeling experience so far, Kim Rongyu. She's the type of woman who sees the best in others, and pushes and pulls to make sure she gets the most out of them in a really good way. She's demanding, but only after she's demanded the most from herself. I continue to be grateful to her, from the council she offered to me when I first began working with Face Paint a year ago to this evening, this very moment.



I chose to style one of her items she'd sent me to blog this evening because blogging is one of those safe places I go when I need to unwind and work and think. Kim Rongyu seems able to do just about anything and everything in Second Life and probably off line as well. She's hosting a fundraiser via Marketplace for Sightsavers along with a thousand other projects. I've told her many times and I say it again here. I want to grow up and be like Kim. She's an awesome person.

Featured Kim Rongyu Adele Mesh Dress Copper
1. Custom Shape
2. Mirror's Enigma Iona Native Skin Tone
3. Poetic Eyes: Hot Mocca
4. EMO-tions: Starline Darkbrown
5. Gaeline: Mesh Lashes Divina
6. Face Paint: Sinister 1
7. Sexy Mama Valentine Sculpted Nails
8. Baboom! Mesh Boots Black
9. Finesmith: Mix Copper Necklace
10. Gold Earrings AO1
11. Image Essentials Pose Frame

1 comment:

  1. Caryn,
    You are a good friend and model, but I must say your writing skills are fantastic. Keep up the blogging and scripting. Thank you for all your help. Love ya, Blue xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete