Friday, March 22, 2013

Faith, Courage, Service True With Honor Over, Honor Over All.

Believe it or not, one of the first adult decisions I ever made was to join the Navy. The story has complicated twists and turns including an ultimatum that blew up in my face (I didn't say I was totally grown up then and I'm not sure I am yet!), my equivalent of running away to join the circus, and the whimsy of someone who doesn't yet know what she wanted or where she was headed.


I had one of those childhoods that maybe many of us could relate to, and one that still causes pain in reflection on that time. With that said, the concept of running away to join the circus appealed to me. Amusingly enough, sometimes the Navy seemed like a circus, but in retrospect, it was also one of the best things I've ever done, despite myself.


Strong willed people do not like ultimatums. I learned that during this particular point in my life. I decided that my first choice related to running away from home to a better life included a man I'd been dating almost a year, and a man who of course should have realized he should marry me. He had not broached the subject, and I grew impatient. I went to the recruiter and signed on the dotted line. I then called this wonderful man and talked all night with him, about how I would join the Navy if he didn't marry me, so he said, "Join the Navy." Gasp!

Despite my immature way of dealing with my situation at that juncture in my life, the man and I celebrate our 23 anniversary in May. He had patience and gave me time to grow up... and the Navy wasn't all that bad. When I saw this pose set at Image Essentials, 'Anchors Aweigh' began playing in my head, and memories of that strange and rash decision played along with it. It ended up being a good thing, as I said, despite myself. I find myself fortunate beyond words to this day.


Featured [[Masoom]] Nisse Dress from theevent
1. Custom Shape
2. Mirror's Enigma: Megumi Frost Pale Skintone
3. Poetic Eyes: Quicksilver
4. [ChicZafari]: Rose Hair
5. Face Paint: Sinister Style 3
6. Quintessencia: Nail WF Gift Model Square I
7. Shadow Moon: Party Diva Leather Black Boots
8. ::Purple Moon:: Tears Me Not Set
9. Morea Style: Jess Sweater Grey Tights
10. Props and Poses at Image Essentials


No comments:

Post a Comment