Thursday, March 28, 2013

I'm In a New York State of Mind

I'm partial to Snowpaws for many reasons, but one of the ones at the core of the positive emotions resounds in the relationship I've been privileged to develop over time with Carrie Snowpaw.


Way... way... back in time, she supported the Face of Face Paint contest with Eve Express, committing new outfits to the winner(s).


I had peripherally known of Snowpaws for a long time prior to March 2012, but when I won one of the spots at Face Paint thus also winning clothing from Snowpaws, I got to know it a bit more.


Ever since, I have worked with Carrie Snowpaw, writing the weekly blog, posting sales, special events, news and fashion shows she's done. All the while, besides a business relationship building trust, we also developed a welcome friendship.


She's one of those people you simply want to know because she exudes a warmth that is genuine, and in her little niche in Second Life, she's poured out that warmth to so many many people.


Not only does she participate in a half dozen or so special sales events each week, she also joins hunts and makes high quality treasures for those hunts, and then there are all the ways you can win free items.


But there's even more to it than that. Every so often, I think of the phrase, "Go the extra mile," and how it relates to her and to Snowpaws. She contributes items to a conglomeration of charity based fund raisers.


No, she's not a Saint yet, but I don't know if anyone has petitioned the new Pope Francis to recognize her as one... yet. When I get to work with and for someone who offers more of herself than she ever asks, I consider myself the lucky one.

If you've never visited Snowpaws, you should. People have so many motives in Second Life, some of them seemingly unsavory, but at Snowpaws, there's always a sense of goodness with a splash of fun and naughty in a good way. Her motives come through as crystal clear and full of hope.


A side note, about the fun nails I have on in the photo (see the zoomed in photo), these are the cleverest drops of fun ever to drip on my fingertips. The set of 10 nails each have little tea party dishes. They're some of my favorite ever from Candy Nail and they were in a Gacha machine for only 50L. Fun at a great price. Who can do better than that?


Featured Snowpaws Ava Dress (The Event)
Featured Candy Nail (Gacha, and what a deal) Tea Time Nails in Pink
1. Custom Shape
2. EMO-tions: Fame
3. Poetic Eyes: Quicksilver
4. Face Paint Gems: Spring Gems 2 A Girl's Best Friend
5. Face Paint: Midas Touch Silver v2
6. Baboom!: Bracelet from Silver Moon Outfit
7. RYCA: Platinum Earrings
8. N-Core: Triumph
9. Focus Poses
10. Avante Pose (Now called In-Pose!)

Featured Snowpaws Harlow Form Fitting Dress
1. Custom Shape
2. Poetic Eyes: Quicksilver
3. Truth: Soleil
4. Face Paint Gems: Spring Gems 1 Easter Basket
5. Sexy Mama Valentine Manicure
6. LAQ: Tasha Skin
7. Zuri's: My Juliet Set Bracelet
8. Angel Dessous: Dragon Fly Brooch (worn in hair)
9. Joops: Black Golden Nailed Ankle Boots

No comments:

Post a Comment