Sunday, December 21, 2014

Safari With Me To A Land So Far Far Away -- Rams Wear, Mag (Heart). B at Four Seasons Market, and Wicca's Wardrobe

After a number of styles constructed with the deliberate holiday themed look, I pulled this casual combination together tonight after one of those long long days that sometimes happen during the month of December as a result of rushing to and fro to visit and be visited, to share and celebrate, to eat and exchange gifts, and while it was all wonderful, including a brand new grand-nephew to ooh and ahh over, I came home pehhh-zausted.
A cup of tea, eyes with smudged makeup and probably swollen puffy pockets of fluid under both hide well behind the sunglasses I found. I went with a safari theme, Zebras and Elephants, rocking in a recliner, kicked back with dreams of warmer weather, romping in the wild, visiting life at a different pace than this crazy pelmel holiday season inspires. For a moment, I could almost smell the fresh grain of springtime on the wind, and imagine the wild beasts roaming with young offspring ready to take on the world.
Rams Wear sent out a notice recently, seeking bloggers. I'd worn a few items in various events from the store but had not consistently followed his sense of style. I love mixing things up, with the pretty princess look some days and the casual country girl other days. The long sweater, Kenitra in Wine, offers options, long enough to cover the hips if you wanted a playful short bit of knitted fluff on for clubbin', but also might be worn over tights as shown, leggins or even your favorite jeans. Wicca's Wardrobe created several pieces for the J&A Expo that ran recently and in her mini collection for that event, she had the 'Adventurer' hat and the Gambler Heels. Zebra prints added a touch of the wild to both. And the clever new tights found at Four Seasons Market by Mag <3. B, with the knee patch caught my attention immediately because I love the whole hipster layered look and this pair of tights with the heart shaped patches appealed to me and suited the overall aesthetic I wanted. One other accessory I pulled out of a folder of -in the wild- style items were a pair of shades, VB Shades Zebra RED, sold by BSD Design studio. All in all, I was able to weave the story in my head, close my eyes and take a jaunt out into the world to a land of far far away for just a little while, and now I might rest and carry those daydreams with me into sleep.

* Rams Wear Kenitra Dress - Wine
* Mag <3. B Cozy Dark Green Stockings from Four Seasons Market Event
* Wicca's Wardrobe "The Adventurer" Hat from J&A Expo
* Wicca's Wardrobe Gambler Heels [Zebra] from J&A Expo

- Chop Zuey Elephantus Maximus Set
- {{BSD Design Studio}} VB Sunglasses - Zebra RED
- Dark Horse Style Silver Glitter Striped Dark Nails
- Maxi Gossamer Party Inverted Crown Black Lashes
- Truth Short w/Bangs Black
- Taken at Carrie's Lingerie VIP Christmas Display (poses built into props)

Standard Items:
-- October's 4Seasons Chocolate Cosmos Skin Tone Laila Face
-- SLink Hands and Feet
-- KMADD Mesh Eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment