Saturday, September 20, 2014

Say Something.. Featuring ::Sweet Intoxication:: and .:JUMO:. from .PENUMBRA. Fashion Week

"Say Something" by a Great Big World

Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'll be the one, if you want me to
Anywhere I would've followed you
Say something, I'm giving up on you

And I am feeling so small
It was over my head
I know nothing at all

And I will stumble and fall I'm still learning to love Just starting to crawl

Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you
Anywhere I would've followed you
Say something, I'm giving up on you

And I will swallow my pride
You're the one that I love
And I'm saying goodbye

Say something, I'm giving up on you
And I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you
And anywhere I would've followed you (Oh-oh-oh-oh)
Say something, I'm giving up on you

Say something, I'm giving up on you
Say something...
~Meaning (1 interpretation):

When your having trouble in a relationship and you know that things are coming to an end but you want so badly to hang and make it work. You want to be "the one" for them but only if they want to accept you as theirs. You will do anything for them, follow them wherever they go but they wont do the same. You feel like you're the only one in the relationship trying to make it work. It seems like the other person has no hope but you want them to say something, anything to make you stay and keep on fighting. All these overwhelming feelings make you feel so small. Going into the relationship you didn't know what you were getting your self into. You have never loved like this before, there are going to be obstacles, you will stumble and fall but you will learn and keep going. After all the pleading and asking them to stay you just cant keep going, you are finally giving up, you are sorry that you couldn't get them to stay. I love you but I need to swallow my pride, accept defeat, and say goodbye.

How often do you experience this? It seems to me that it happens more often online then in my life off line, but maybe that's because I'm almost house bound and so I'm more likely to seek out friends online than someone who lives out beyond their front door. It's a maudlin song, but it's so deeply meaningful, intense, and something I can easily access personally because I've been through it. I've heard it sung on The Voice. I've seen it danced on So You Think You Can Dance. I heard it on two different music awards shows, once when it was just A Great Big World singing it and then again, when Cristina Aguilara sang it with them. It's personal. It's emotional. It speaks to me.

I don't know why it's been in my heart and head all day but it has. Even as I set up for photos and styled and had my personal time on my little work dais high in the sky over Second Life, I hummed it. There's a link on my wall that I found earlier on Facebook of an older gentleman sitting at a piano and he's playing and singing, on a street corner in somewhere USA.

What am I wearing? It looks so different from the photos I often take of Caryn. ::Sweet Intoxication:: (a great name for a store I think!) created the urban outfit for .PENUMBRA. Fashion Week. And because it had a mini skirt, I got to wear heels to show you too, Riyadh heels in red from .:JUMO:. I don't know where I found the sim with the dragon painting on the wall. I went to a sim that came up when I typed in the word Urban, but dragons don't really feel urban to me, yet it felt like a great place to take the photos. I hope you enjoy the styling, and the reminiscing sort of emotion accompanying them this morning. Say something...

::Sweet Intoxication:: Female Urban Outfit 1 from .PENUMBRA. Fashion Week
.:JUMO:. Riyadh Red Heels from .PENUMBRA. Fashion Week
1. Tres Beau: Belled Necklace and Earrings Set
2. Chop Zuey: Hana-Shobu Belly Ring
3. SLink: Elegant 1 Hands
-- Female Feet High
4. OB4S: Chocolate Cosmose
5. KMADD/Moda: Mesh Eyes
6. Face Paint: Avante Liner
-- Couture Design 1
-- LipGloss Brites Electric Purple
-- Nail Appliers Spill
7. Gaeline: Felicia
8. Hairoin: Incognito
9. [LAP]

No comments:

Post a Comment