Saturday, September 20, 2014

Team Fox and a Great Charity Event -- Featuring Sabra Style

My greatest passion amidst the passion I have for the fashion business in Second Life is how well and often this community of people participate in and celebrate and donate to charities. Today, at the LeFevre Mansion, I got to see some of the most beautiful models on the grid from BLVD rock the runway in an array of designs that were on display purely to raise finances for the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's.

To donate directly follow this link please: https://www.michaeljfox.org/get-involved/donation.php?fr_id=2380
At the LeFevre Manshion
Artizana Ethnic Couture, Blue Moon Enterprises, Dot-be fashion, Image Factory in Second Life, Sabra Style, Soul Designs, and Surplus Motors donated the items used in the fashion show with 100% of the proceeds donated going to the charity.
A Wonderful Reason To Celebrate
I looked in my little folder of "Blog Me" for a design by one of the designers represented at the event to show my support. (Not the designs shown that day but items I might have to blog from them from other places, other times, just to clarify...) I found Vivienne in Gold from Sabra Style by Kylie Sabra. I got to sit with her at the event, which made it even more special, and cheered on her many contributions as the BLVD models showcased them, and she and I both found the designs presented by the other designers in the show fantastic and cheered for them as well.

It's really hard for me to step out of my little work zone and go anywhere, really. I'm far more shy than many of you might have imagined, and the anxiety of 'I won't know anyone.' follows me whenever I do gather my wits and put on my brave face. Once I arrive, I'm usually so glad I made the effort to attend, but it's the making myself go part that I have to overcome. Events occurred all afternoon as part of this program, two fashion shows, live music, DJ music, and more. I attended the first fashion show and heard one of the musicians play. I even got to dance for a bit, after poking in IM and asking if he liked to dance, would he dance with a stranger.

Marcus LeFevre and his team, Team Fox and all of their representatives, and everyone else responsible for making the event possible made it beautiful as well.

Featuring Sabra Style Vivienne in Gold 
(Photos Shot at LeFevre Mansion)
1. .:JUMO:.: Riyadh Gold Heels
2. SLink: Female High Feet
3. Candy Nail: Harvest Beige
4. October's 4Seasons Marigold Skin Tone
5. Face Paint: Gold and Silver
6. Gold Speckles by Caryn
7. KMADD/Moda: Mesh Eyes
8. Truth: Lunara
9. Maxi Gossamer: Swallow Wings
10. [[j'adore]]

No comments:

Post a Comment