Monday, April 21, 2014

Are You Imagineering? -- Featuring from DOPE Fashion Week "B.I.P.", Maxi Gossamer, and Kyxe Skins & Shapes

It's rare for me to wear a swimsuit. I haven't been to a beach party in I don't know how long. When I was new to the virtual world, pool and beach parties occurred non-stop, along with all sorts of other ways to celebrate and make sure people wore the clothes you wanted, "Best in Beachwear" or "Best in Blue" didn't matter, just a whole lotta strangers, and a few Linden to make it worth the time, even if you didn't meet a someone special in the process.
I work at a much different point of view within SL now and those sorts of parties feel so far away in the distant recesses of my history. It's weird how 8 years has the ability to feel like a lifetime. Many things have evolved. The very look of SL certainly has. These photos, with the waves, and the water's reflection, and the high quality sculpted pieces used to make the props as well as the buildings in the background all accentuate how much they have.
At Disney, they call almost all of the artists on staff, from the artists who work on the movies, to the ones who create elements for the Magic Kingdom and Disney's other properties and investments, Imagineers. I like the notion of an Imagineer at work, always trying to imagine more and bigger and more interesting, and more fun. I don't know how much the people who created SL put into updating and upgrading the experience in their game, their second world, our Second Life.
Maybe it was their responsibility in the past and now they rely on all of us, the avid users, to embrace the tools we're given to create beautiful new experiences. For fashion, that means pushing the edge of all that is 'normal', figuring out how to import the things we love from the world around us, but also finding ways to create worlds that could never exist within our physics.
I believe the only way to overcome some of the frustrating steps that fashion faces, with the eternal lag, is not to continue doing the same things, but find new ways to do things, and new things to do. Each of us can be Imagineers. We have it in us, even the ones who read this and shout, "I don't have a creative bone in my body." I beg to differ. You probably do. You just haven't tapped into something that released it yet. It's there. Find a figment, and figure out how to translate it to the outlet we share in SL. I know you can. We all can be Imagineers.

Nothing I do would be possible without those who Imagineer every item I style:
Featuring from DOPE Fashion Week "B.I.P." Staxx High Waist Shorts Outfit
Featuring Maxi Gossamer Eyelashes Party Inverted Crown
Featuring Kyxe Fierce Black Brow
1. AIDORU: Dream Tiptoe Feet
2. VicE: Powder Pink Silver Bangles
3. AIDORU: Downtown Glasses
4. **Feel** StarDust Nails
5. Kyxe Skins & Shapes: Pearl Skin Tone
6. Kyxe Skins & Shapes: Innocence Spring
7. Kyxe Skins & Shapes: Captivate Bubble Gum
8. KMADD/Moda: Mesh Eyes
9. [[j'adore]] Poses
10. EMO-tions: Harley

No comments:

Post a Comment