Saturday, May 24, 2014

A Wow Moment! -- Featuring Nya's Closet from PENUMBRA Fashion Week, Violator, Lybra, EMO-tions, Face Paint and :::LB:::

Motivation comes from many places. We're all individuals, and what we bring to the table means something different and hopefully the conglomeration we present is greater than the sum of our parts. I often hear things in my head that different leaders, mentors and friends in the 'biz' have suggested while I'm working on blog photos. And I LOVE it.
One person who's made a lasting impression in my exploration of fashion (and I can't believe I just used the word biz in little quote markers!!) is Wicca from Wicca's Wardrobe. I knew her before my big venture into the fashion world and thought she was a remarkable, fun and brilliant woman. I ran into her again when I took classes at MVWMA. She was my educator for two of the classes. I also attended at least two lectures she offered.
Wicca is a Wow moment, in progress, almost all of the time. https://www.flickr.com/photos/wiccamerlin/ shows you Wicca in motion, with so many different sponsors, so many different clothing styles and yet everything exudes the essence of Wicca. I want to find that essence of Caryn. I'm getting there. I know I am because I feel it more each time I style, each time I put the puzzle together, and each time I share with my world here in Facebook and my blog. I just sense it. I knew I needed to find it because there are others who so obviously have theirs. Wicca is sooo Wicca. Strawberry Singh is sooo Strawberry. Cao is sooo mooooo.
I paired a whole array of fun items for this look and then I used Wicca's poses. She was in my head the whole time I played. You see new hair from EMO-tions, the new Antoinette - let them eat cake?! yipes. Violator has an incredible array of jewelry pieces in the set called Water Lilly, so I pulled a few from the set, then repurposed one or two. PENUMBRA Fashion Week is in full swing and the Alice outfit I have on is from Nya's Closet. Lybra has a new Marketplace link with a very special deal on the Alice bag seen in the photos (https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/132834). Face Paint wants to warm you up for summer with the new "Warmth" release. And though they've been in inventory a while, me procrastinating the actual buying of Slink feet, they're on my blog for the first time, and I think they're cool. I wish I could buy them in my world off line. The Cage Sandals from :::LB::: along with a few favorite items round out the style I put together today.

These great designers are the only reason I'm able to do what I love passionately and to them, I'm so thankful!
Featuring EMO-tions Antoinette
Featuring from PENUMBRA Nya's Fashion Alice Outfit
Featuring Lybra Alice Purse in White
Featuring Violator Water Lily Jewelry Set
Featuring Face Paint Warmth
Featuring :::LP::: Leather Cage Sandals
1. Chop Zuey Hana Shobu Belly Ring with Blue Gems
2. Kyxe Skins & Shapes: Orchid Skin Tone
-- Kyxe Jewel and Gemstone Nail Appliers
3. KMADD/Moda: Mesh Eyes
4. MG: Inverted Crown
5. SLink: Elegant 1 Hands
-- Med Feet
6. Wicca's Wardrobe: Cool Bag Poses

2 comments:

  1. Wow... thank you so much Caryn.. and Iam sure you will find you inner soon :) When you look at your pictures you already found it and now you just need to believe in it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Yes. That's a big next step and it is exactly where I am. I love this journey, this path of artistry and creativity and getting to know wonderful inspiring people. Ultimately, I love the personal growth and how it's helped me be me, understand me, and believe in me. <3 You're a special woman.

    ReplyDelete