Wednesday, May 21, 2014

It Started With a Pair Of Glasses from [AD] -- Featuring [AD] and Swallow from Couturier's Docks, HOLLYHOOD from FASHIONART Faire, and [Liv-Glam]

A very unique pair of glasses from [AD] motivated me to this style. I had to find pieces that would work with the glasses and not cover them up. They actually have the standard bar that wraps around the ear but then they have those interesting wings that made me think of a librarian meet goth chic style. In our world, anything goes, yes? Liv-Glam creates textures continually that make the mesh 'anything' look perfect for the cut, the style, and the use for such a dress or pant suit or whatever comes next. This knee length sleeveless summer dress captivates with large print with primary pattern pieces on a color HUD so you have several outfits in one.
I look at designers' blogs when I style for them the first few times, and because I got to work alongside the creators at Liv-Glam early on in my experience as a blogger model, I got to see how they viewed the finished product. Unique pieces of jewelry, glasses, and bags are often in their photos. I tried to go with their overall aesthetic. Swallow Skin and Accessory Second Life has new jewelry at The Couturier's Docks this month, and I wanted to use several of the pieces with this. If you hurry over to the docks, you'll see the many other little Safari items included in the box, and hopefully find yourself inspired to find your inner rawr! I took one of the earrings and pinned it to the glasses to pull the items together, but wearing together or separately, they're deliciously different bits of art.
Normally, after I've posted one item from an event, I move on to other items. There could be 5 or 8 dresses and gowns, but only 1 shoe designer presented, or only one jewelry designer participating, and the same can happen with pose creators. Rather than go to items I've already used, I'll focus on those 5 or 8 dresses at different times during the event's duration, and I'll pull one pair of shoes from the shoe designer for one gown and later, another pair of shoes from them also. HOLLYHOOD has shoes and clothing at FASHIONART Faire, and all of it is fantastic. The shoes seen here are Twisted SLink applier heels. I loved the tan stitching across the black leather.
Different times I'm motivated by different things, which makes sense I imagine, as artists would say the same, painting, writing, drawing, pixels, whatever their medium. I photographed the glasses, dress and jewelry three different times with different combinations of accessories until I found the pictures that suited me and felt like they were right for the outfit. I've thrown items in from all over the grid, so you need to put on your best shopping shoes and have fun!

I'm thankful to each designer who contributed to make this style possible:
Featuring [Liv-Glam] Boutique [SPRING14] Adore You Dress
Featuring Swallow Safari Gold and White Set from Couturier's Docks
Featuring [AD] Look At Me Mesh Glasses from Couturier's Docks
Featuring HOLLYHOOD Mesh Tan Twisted Heels from FASHIONART Faire by Glamourist
1. SLink: High Feet
-- Elegant 1 Hands
2. Kyxe Skins & Shapes: Orchid Skin Tone
-- Glamour Ombre Nude
3. KMADD/Moda: Mesh Eyes
4. Baboom! Handbag Black Bow
5. Truth: Stargaze
6. IE Shopaholic Poses from FASHIONART Faire by Glamourist

No comments:

Post a Comment