Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Laughter -- Featuring Xen's Hats from the Instruments, M&M from .PENUMBRA. Fashion Week, Dark Horse Style, Also :jazzitude, LOoLOo & Platypus, ORQUIDEA and [B!asta] from the Promenade

I love to laugh. I think it's healthy too. I looked up an article printed by the Mayo Clinic about laughter and found this in summary. For short term stress relief, laughter stimulates oxygenation of the body and thus improves the state of most organs in the body, laughter stimulates the same region in the brain that anxiety or fear might stimulate, and by exercising that part of the brain in a positive way, it's easier to stay calm, also, with the same increase in oxygen to the body, blood circulates and eases tension that might otherwise affect our muscles. In the long term relief category, negative thoughts manifest their way into actual chemical reactions that deter health while laughter and positive energy works in the opposite manner, laughter can produce the natural endorphins the body needs to combat pain, in essence easing pain through laughter, increase personal satisfaction, and lastly it can improve mood.
I think the personal satisfaction element is so important to someone like me who's got chronic illness to deal with, as often there are no cures, no new answers, no solving the problem. People care and often say, "I hope you feel better soon." Chronic illness doesn't allow for this. Instead, someone with chronic issues has to find a way to accept and adapt to the world. I might not always be happy, but I work on being consistently content.
I've found some of the new releases for October already tickling my fantasy, like this hat here with spiders that comes from Xen's Hats at The Instruments. M&M's dress from .PENUMBRA. Fashion week called Shelena, and on my nails I have another new look, Dark Horse Style Butterfly Cutouts Dark. :jazzitude provided the Acorn Bracelet from the Promenade. Also from the Promenade are the Sage Scarf from LOoLOo & Platypus, the Vampire on White handbag from ORQUIDEA, and the [B!asta] :LEENA LUX heels in Emerald for mid-high feet.

Featuring Dark Horse Style Butterfly Cutout Dark
Featuring M&M Shelena Dress Flowers from .PENUMBRA. Fashion Week
Featuring Xen's Hats Arachnophobia Hat Black from The Instruments
Featuring :jazzitude Acorn Bracelet from the Promenade
Featuring B!asta :LEENA LUX: Emerald (for mid high feet) from the Promenade
Featuring LOoLOo & Platypus Scarves Sage Plain from the Promenade
Featuring ORQUIDEA Halloween Handbags Very Vampire White Bag from the Promenade
1. EMO-tions: Brian
2. MG: Wild Full Thick
3. October's 4Seasons: Milk Skin Tone (Angelina)
-- Adriana Pink Berries Gloss
4. KMADD/Moda: Mesh Eyes
5. SLink: Mid High Feet
-- Elegant 1 Hands
6. Morphine: Kazumi Lime/Liner
7. .::MS::. Soul Poses

1 comment:

  1. I'm hoping my hat made you laugh and not squirm. I'm terrified of spiders myself, but the theme for The Instruments this month was a horror movie. I could think of nothing that terrifies me on a regular basis other than spiders. I mean, how many times do you run into a chain-saw-weild-mass-murderer vs. a tiny, terrifying spider? Thanks for your post!

    ReplyDelete