Monday, August 19, 2013

Pride and Joy -- Featuring 24 Event Items from Snowpaws, {{BSD Design Studio}} ~{PhotoTonic}~, nDisPose Picnic Set

Last week, I was so distressed when my eldest son drove off to his next stage of education, this time his Master's Degree. I realized that my emotions were more extremely affected by this departure because it signified such a huge step away from home.

Featuring {{BSD Design Studio}} Supermodel MVW Grey from 24 Event
Featuring Snowpaws Sidora Mesh Dress from 24 Event
1. Snowpaws: Rejouir Earrings
2. [Mirror's Enigma]: Vanity Tan Skintone
3. Candy Nail: Marble Strawberry
4. Face Paint: Black Liner
5. Face Paint: Lip 3
6. Gaeline Mesh Lashes: Divina
7. Bliss: Sierra
8. IKON: Sunrise Eyes Pale Steel Blue
Find this dress from Snowpaws and the heels from {{BSD Design Studio}} at the 24 Event beginning August 23


I never cried when he began kindergarten, when he went to high school for the first time, played in different events at his college or anything else. I was happy for him; I knew he was equipped to handle these life changes. I didn't really worry about his ability to succeed.

Featuring {{BSD Design Studio}} Supermodel MVW Grey from 24 Event
Featuring Snowpaws Sidora Mesh Dress from 24 Event
1. Snowpaws: Rejouir Earrings
2. [Mirror's Enigma]: Vanity Tan Skintone
3. Candy Nail: Marble Strawberry
4. Face Paint: Black Liner
5. Face Paint: Lip 3
6. Gaeline Mesh Lashes: Divina
7. Bliss: Sierra
8. IKON: Sunrise Eyes Pale Steel Blue

Since I'd never really been the sort to cry over the changes life brings, I was shocked at myself and my sadness. I didn't stay blue very long, however. Life is too short to feel depressed over anything. I adjusted to the idea and knew the phrase, "They always come home," gave me me hope.

Featuring {{BSD Design Studio}} Supermodel MVW Grey from 24 Event
Featuring Snowpaws Sidora Mesh Dress from 24 Event
1. Snowpaws: Rejouir Earrings
2. [Mirror's Enigma]: Vanity Tan Skintone
3. Candy Nail: Marble Strawberry
4. Face Paint: Black Liner
5. Face Paint: Lip 3
6. Gaeline Mesh Lashes: Divina
7. Bliss: Sierra
8. IKON: Sunrise Eyes Pale Steel Blue

It dawned on me during the day that followed his departure the reason I got so upset. Every time he's left home, he's had a safety net. As long as he kept his grades high, his basic responsibilities addressed, and respected us, he had his world paid for by parents. With this latest adventure, he lost his safety net.

Featuring ~{PhotoTonic}~ Contorted Love
1. Face Paint: Mirage Artistic Skin

At 22, it wasn't too soon to cut the strings, the pocket book and all the details that had made his life fairly easily focused on his studies. Even knowing I'd made the right decision and this would help him more than continuing to give him everything he needed, I still worried, and in that worry, I cried.

nDisPose - Gacha/Limited
Picnic Table with Poses
Picnic Baskets
Beach Ball with Poses
1. IKON: Sunrise Eyes Pale Steel Blue
2. EMO-tions: Audrey
3. Delish: Black & Aqua Swimsuit

When I was 22, I was irresponsible but I knew he was so much more prepared for life than I was. I'm still a mom, still worrying though. Since he arrived at his new location, 6 days have passed. I've heard of every step he's taken to reach his basic needs goals. I celebrate his progress and quietly smile.He's my pride and joy.

nDisPose - Gacha/Limited
Picnic Table with Poses
Picnic Baskets
Beach Ball with Poses
1. IKON: Sunrise Eyes Pale Steel Blue
2. EMO-tions: Audrey
3. Delish: Black & Aqua Swimsuit

Creating items in Second Life couldn't possibly have the same level of emotional impact as this story about my son, yet the sense of accomplishment an artist feels when they design something new then sell it and get rave reviews must give them some measure of peace. Snowpaws black Sidora dress, nDisPose's picnic set and ~{PhotoTonic}~ each represent success and I hope they feel that completion and the pride and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment