Tuesday, April 16, 2013

All the Small Things

It's the little things in life that make the difference. Our brains map details like the pixels are a map of color our Second Life paints. You have to zoom in very very close to see each shade and even then our brains cannot really process 16 billion bits of data so we think we see red and blue and yellow.


Featured Demise of Flight Ombre Minidress
Featured EMO-tions Endless Love Jewelry
Featured Mirror's Enigma Azuka Milk Skintone from Kawaii Fair
1. Custom Shape
2. EMO-tions: Lala
3. Poetic Eyes: Autumn Colors - Storm
4. Sexy Mama Valentine Manicure
5. R2: Azuli Silver
6. This Image Essentials Prop is a combination of items purchased from various merchants as well as items created by [Kay Weston].


Some would say the games we play online, including Second Life, are just trifles, things to entertain, things that aren't really important but I have to disagree. I may not be able to see 16 billion color distinctions but I know that if they weren't there, my world would be far more dull. I also know that my Second Life is like those billions of undetectable nuances in color, and all of the experiences I have here do make an impact.


Featured Mirror's Enigma Azuka Kawaii Outfit Black
1. Custom Shape
2. Poetic Eyes: Autumn Colors - Storm
3. [elika]: Caramel
4. Gaeline Mesh Lashes: Divina
5. Face Paint: Gem Eyes Bronze and Lip Gloss Shiny Pink
6. Mirror's Enigma: Asuka Milk Skintone
7. Candy Nail: Rainbow
8. Dotted Bangles - unknown origin
9. N-Core: Chic
10. Vista Animation AO Poses

I love the work I do in Second Life. I love the communication between creative people who make such a fantasy world possible and let me peer into their imagination. I might not see or understand the small things, but I know they matter. I appreciate the people who invest time into this shared world in any way that enriches all of us. The designers here, represented in these photographs run the gamut from very very old names - [elika] used to be ETD, and the very new, like Mirror's Enigma, sharing skins and outfits and other things. I adore the long history of Elikapeka, and I also have found a real admiration for someone who may be newer to the world of hair, EMO-tions.  The red lace romper from ~Shadow Moon~ reminded me of Little Red Riding Hood. And Mirror's Enigma skins offer something new and fresh each time I try them. Creativity like that makes my life richer! 


Featured ~Silken Moon~ Rose Lace Red Romper with Hood and Thigh High Boots
Featured Demise of Flight Poses - Delicate Poses
1. Custom Shape
2. Poetic Eyes: Autumn Colors - Storm
3. Gaeline Mesh Lashes: Divina
4. Face Paint: Gem Eyes and Lip Gloss
5. Quintessencia: Nails 17
6. Chop Zuey: Paparazzi

Not every item from every designer comes out 'perfect' but if they passionately want to get better and better at their craft, what they make in 2013 will be better than anything they made in 2005. I blog and wear a dynamic array of items from designers with time in world that's longer than my own 8 years, designers who have a flare for the dramatic, designers who are new and eager to learn and need support, and so many others. When you take time to read my blog, you're always going to see a smattering of effort and beauty from designers at all skill levels and experience level. I appreciate it when others give me a chance and I think if I didn't pay it forward and work with others who also want a chance, I would be the one who was disappointed in me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment