Monday, October 21, 2013

What's the Buzz? -- TBCF Nya's Shop, AIDORU, [R] Also Featuring [Underscore]

A catch phrase only works in the location where it originates or can be passed down orally from one age group to another. During the late 70s, the phrase, "What's the buzz?" became popular. People embraced the phrase, even when they didn't necessarily know it's meaning or connotation.

Featuring TBCF
- Nya's Shop Gipsy Dress Exclusive
- AIDORU Orlando Necklace
- [R] Lazy Days Boots Rust
Also Featuring [Underscore] Kitaru
1. IKON: Sunrise Eyes Steel Blue Pale
2. Gaeline: Starlia
3. Sexy Mama Sculpted Nails
4. Face Paint: Navy Liner
5. [Mirror's Enigma]: Azuka Eyeshadow
6. Kyxe Tangy Orange Gloss
7. Manifeste Poses

It used to drive me insane when my mother and father would comment on my ability to communicate with them. They called it Karen-speak. It needed several filters, pause, rewind, play, slow-play, and needed a small dictionary as well. Part of this on my part was deliberate, and they likely knew that too.

Featuring TBCF
- Nya's Shop Gipsy Dress Exclusive
- AIDORU Orlando Necklace
- [R] Lazy Days Boots Rust
Also Featuring [Underscore] Kitaru
1. IKON: Sunrise Eyes Steel Blue Pale
2. Gaeline: Starlia
3. Sexy Mama Sculpted Nails
4. Face Paint: Navy Liner
5. [Mirror's Enigma]: Azuka Eyeshadow
6. Kyxe Tangy Orange Gloss
7. Manifeste Poses

Intuitive people often enter a room and immediately realize they've walked into the middle of something. The buzz of noise, the conversations scattered all around cased and the room grows quiet. A mob mentality works one of two ways at that point; they accept the new arrival and let that person into the inner circle and into the buzz or they do not.

Featuring TBCF
- Nya's Shop Gipsy Dress Exclusive
- AIDORU Orlando Necklace
- [R] Lazy Days Boots Rust
Also Featuring [Underscore] Kitaru
1. IKON: Sunrise Eyes Steel Blue Pale
2. Gaeline: Starlia
3. Sexy Mama Sculpted Nails
4. Face Paint: Navy Liner
5. [Mirror's Enigma]: Azuka Eyeshadow
6. Kyxe Tangy Orange Gloss
7. Manifeste Poses

When I'm the odd person out, the one who doesn't get it, or who creates that heavy long silence when I arrive, I don't deal well with it. I tend to be shy in large groups, and when everyone stops talking and turns to look at me, I'm petrified. I smile. I politely speak. I wait to learn if I will be drawn into the fold or nudged back out of it.

Featuring TBCF
- Nya's Shop Gipsy Dress Exclusive
- AIDORU Orlando Necklace
- [R] Lazy Days Boots Rust
Also Featuring [Underscore] Kitaru
1. IKON: Sunrise Eyes Steel Blue Pale
2. Gaeline: Starlia
3. Sexy Mama Sculpted Nails
4. Face Paint: Navy Liner
5. [Mirror's Enigma]: Azuka Eyeshadow
6. Kyxe Tangy Orange Gloss
7. Manifeste Poses

Sometimes knowing the right questions to ask helps. "What's the buzz?"  loosely translates into "What's up?"If no one responds, then the next thing that helps may be association. If I have at least one friend I trust who's already in the room, I walk to that person, feel safer because they're there, and more able to figure out whatever the purpose of the group may be via my friend.

On or off line, this sort of occurrence happens often. It's difficult to find the right spot. It's challenging to ask the right questions. It's important to avoid ruffled feathers and especially important not to wear out your welcome as you process all that you see and feel and here in the new group.

This occasionally happens to me as I travel from designer to designer to work, to get to know their team, to learn what's expected, to learn what's irritating, and the more energy I can devote, the more likely I successfully inquire, "What's the Buzz?... and How can I help?"

No comments:

Post a Comment