Thursday, October 17, 2013

Trying To Fit In -- Featuring }RC{ Couture

I've joined more than my fair share of groups in my lifetime. On and off line, people like to organize and attend group based activities. Regardless the topic, the point of view, or goals, the group means something more than the sum of its parts.

Featuring }RC{ Ava Rose Dress
Featuring Shakeup! Hope Earrings
1. IKON: Sunrise Eyes Steel Blue Pale
2. Bliss: Calima
3. Face Paint: Muted Red Lips
4. Candy Nail: Twinkle Pink
5. CoCo: Satin Clutch
6. [y] Winter Scarf
7. CaroX: Powder Pink Bangle
8. [Mirror's Enigma]: Croix Light Skintone
9. Image Essentials Poses

I absolutely adore the fantasy of Second Life. I adore it on so many levels. Sometimes when I'm ready to shoot a new series of photos, I simply type Fantasy, turn off M and A (because you have no ideaaaa what I've seen if I do not) and dip Caryn into all sorts of wonderfully fun spots.

Featuring }RC{ Ava Rose Dress
Featuring Shakeup! Hope Earrings
1. IKON: Sunrise Eyes Steel Blue Pale
2. Bliss: Calima
3. Face Paint: Muted Red Lips
4. Candy Nail: Twinkle Pink
5. CoCo: Satin Clutch
6. [y] Winter Scarf
7. CaroX: Powder Pink Bangle
8. [Mirror's Enigma]: Croix Light Skintone
9. Image Essentials Poses

I love these crazy little places like this special mushroom patch, a little mushroom family. When I stand next to them, however, I realize that even though my avatar also is a fantasy, it's a very different sort, and I couldn't really be a very good mushroom if I wanted it with all my heart.

Featuring }RC{ Ava Rose Dress
Featuring Shakeup! Hope Earrings
1. IKON: Sunrise Eyes Steel Blue Pale
2. Bliss: Calima
3. Face Paint: Muted Red Lips
4. Candy Nail: Twinkle Pink
5. CoCo: Satin Clutch
6. [y] Winter Scarf
7. CaroX: Powder Pink Bangle
8. [Mirror's Enigma]: Croix Light Skintone
9. Image Essentials Poses

You see, I tried to fit in, but I still looked very much like a Caryn buried in billowing skirts and only vaguely resembled that sweet little mushroom family. It's a really good illustration to return to the topic of finding the right group of people and finding my niche and where I fit.

Featuring }RC{ Ava Rose Dress
Featuring Shakeup! Hope Earrings
1. IKON: Sunrise Eyes Steel Blue Pale
2. Bliss: Calima
3. Face Paint: Muted Red Lips
4. Candy Nail: Twinkle Pink
5. CoCo: Satin Clutch
6. [y] Winter Scarf
7. CaroX: Powder Pink Bangle
8. [Mirror's Enigma]: Croix Light Skintone
9. Image Essentials Poses

Whether it's Eros (the very first group I joined but knew NO one) or }RC{ Couture Bloggers and Models, each group fits me and I fit it just a bit differently. Even two blogger groups run very differently. It's rare that I get invited to join something and then realize I don't fit. I do everything in my power, like pulling the skirts up around my head, to try to look like I belong. I try to conform me to the existing 'IT'.

I'm truly glad that I have more places I fit than places I do not. I'm also very glad that I've found personalities all around me that suit me and I suit them for various tasks, from work to hugging friendship. They say "You can't put a square peg in a round hole." It's true. It doesn't mean that a bit of revision and the choice to try to make it work isn't still on the table. It may just take time to whittle away pieces til that peg does work. Fine and dandy.

No comments:

Post a Comment