Sunday, March 10, 2013

Don't Play With Me (Fashion for Life Day 3)

I received a note card from someone with the list of participants for Fashion for Life and all of the kiosk locations and I was overwhelmed. Then I began to visit the builds and to use a cliche phrase I rarely ever utter, "Oh My God!"


The Seven Wonders of the world seen through the eyes of creative geniuses in Second Life really come alive in a way that I've never really considered. I loved each of the locations for different reasons, but my favorite has to be the Colossus of Rhodes.


I walked up a steep incline, cheated a bit and flew for a bit, and found my way into the legs, the waist, and the chest. And in each of this giant statue's limbs, there were stores! How creative was that? I was imagining myself back in 200 BC, looking at this massive structure, and thinking about the nations around the island of Rhodes and how awed they must have been - and scared to death.


I was in awe, and we're talking about a malleable 3D world. It also made me wonder what those people at Rhodes might have stored in the statue when it was still one of the Ancient World's magnificent structures. Grain? Or maybe something so much more fantastic. I know that the items found at Fashion for Life are fantastic and amazingly housed. You have to see it to believe it.


Featured EMO-tions from Fashion for Life - Estelle
Featured Carrie's Lingerie - Miss Kitty
Featured [Blossom] - Chic Flower
Featured Face Paint: Sand & Sun
Featured Chop Zuey: A Happy Note in Pink
1. Custom Shape
2. Mirror's Enigma: Nixie Light
3. Poetic Eyes: Autumn Moon
4. Gaeline: Mesh Lashes Divina
5. Candy Nail: Twinkle Pink
6. Image Essentials: Poses built into props

No comments:

Post a Comment