Wednesday, July 31, 2013

What Is Art? -- Featuring Evolve's 55L Thursday's Conceptual

Each of us express art in different ways. I remember in my Russian History class, one of many as I'm a passionate history lover and Russia and it's vast history fascinates me, a look at the art famous in Russia. One of the most famous pieces in the 20th century was painted by Kazimir Malevich. It was called "Black Square on a White Ground."


This artist blocked out a geometrically perfect square then painted it black on white canvas. This thing made the artist famous and earned him a substantial amount of money for 1915. I don't always know that I understand the nuances of art. I've learned that it is okay when I don't.


I know what I like. It speaks to me. I also know enough artists with so many different visions of their world, that I realize art reaches beyond cultural boundaries, across great distances and down through time. Every time someone creates a brand new texture, like the one on this dress Conceptual at Evolve (55L Thursday), we get to see art through their eyes.

Featuring Evolve Conceptual at 55L
Featuring Finesmith Gift
1. EMO-tions: Starline
2. Poetic Color: Hot Mocca
3. Gaeline Mesh Lashes: Fantasia
4. Face Paint: Doe
5. Face Paint: Square Nails
6. Liv-Glam: Amelia
7. Chop Zuey: Hudson Lovers Bangles
8. {{BSD Design Studio}}: Supermodel Giuls

No comments:

Post a Comment