Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Another One, Paying It Forward -- Featuring [[Masoom]] and Face Paint

I'm sure the movie with Helen Hunt and Kevin Spacey that introduced the idea of Pay It Forward to a Hollywood audience  was not the first time this idea had been explained or its origination. However, it was the first time I ever knew of the concept. Ever since I saw that movie, and if you haven't seen it, you might put it on your popcorn and rent it list, I have firmly believed in the basic concept. People all along my journey through life have given me something special of themselves at a moment I needed it most. Some happened so long ago, it would be nearly impossible to track them down.


I think the concept them of paying someone back could be faulty even with the best intentions, but paying it forward works every time. Whether it is something special someone did at a time when I could not do for myself or someone letting me live with them for a while when I needed to figure out my life's direction, I was not wise or mature or able to keep track of these things. Now as an adult who's spent more than forty years on our great planet, I see those things in my past and I really do wish I could contact some of those people. I have to hold on to the truth of paying it forward and know that if I touch someone's life now, maybe one day, they will pass it on...


I'd like to think most of my motives were balanced, so that I take care of self but I also take care of others now. When I know someone is in need, I do try to reach out and do whatever my strength and my body can handle. In our Second Life, we're presented many different opportunities to help strangers and SL-friends alike. The recent news of Squinternet Larnia sparked a wave of attention aimed in her direction, in hopes to encourage her, and the business she runs. [[Masoom]] created this elegant dress Lilith as a way to pay it forward, to encourage Squinternet and to help with the Love Donna Flora Event. I also reminisce every time I wear Face Paint and new releases from Eve Express because she poured her life into mine so that I could learn. Many people banding together to help one makes a world of difference, and for me, I'm glad to be a part of that world.

Featuring Face Paint Perfect Lip & Liner 1
Featuring [[Masoom]] Lilith (part of the contribution to the Love Donna Flora event)
1. Poetic Color: Autum Colors Storm
2. MADesigns HAIR: Demi
3. Gaeline Mesh Lashes: Divinia
4. Noya: Golden Scuplted Nails
5. Noya: Chrystal (skin)
6. ::Purple Moon:: Cubics II Set dans la Chocolaterie
7. Taken on location at Image Essentials

No comments:

Post a Comment