Thursday, November 28, 2013

It's a Golden Day -- Featuring EMO-tions and Belle Amie from the J&A Expo also Featuring Featuring Romance Couture and [Underscore]

I love the old version of Willy Wonka, the one where Gene Wilder played Mr. Wonka. I liked Johnny Depp's twist on the character and admired him for stepping into such an iconic role when he did it. The earlier version felt differently, something I can't quite finger point but it did.


This scene from the movie, and the song in particular, shares the energy of the most perfect thing that could possibly happen to a little boy and his grampa. A golden ticket meant they were on their way to see Mr. Willy Wonka.


As I think of the various people I've gotten to work with this year, and the continued support of some amazing sponsors, I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. Most recently, I've begun to blog this Jewelry and Accessory Expo, more easily abbreviated J&A Expo, and many of the items are fantastic bits of treasure. It's a golden day!


Jewelry and accessories are things I get most concerned about in Second Life. Everyone 'plays' differently and each of us have different ways we make the currency of the Linden work for us. Since I don't import Lindens, everything I use comes from something I do somewhere in Second Life. It gives me a sense of success to have some financial stability but when I have the privilege of working with an expo like this, I just feel like Charlie, the boy with the golden ticket.


When I style for gown creators like Romance Couture, I want to have all the right pieces, modern, new and fresh to add to their work, so I might show it in the most glamorous way possible. That means new hair styles, new jewelry, shoes and every other twinkle and sparkly. By adding a few sponsors here and there, with items like this, I feel so much more able to put together an apt look for each blog. And this expo... it's icing on the cake.

I couldn't say thank you enough times to each of the people out there who've helped me build into the model/blogger I enjoy being today, but I am thankful. Every day should be a day for thanks but when a holiday nudges us, I reflect in joyful earnest. Live! Laugh! Love!

Featuring EMO-tions *VERTIGO* Facemask Golden from the Jewelry and Accessory Expo
Featuring Belle Amie ~Anguinam~ Jewelry Set (Earrings, Necklace and Ring) from J&A Expo
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Webhost/123/125/21
Featuring Romance Couture }RC{ Fauve Gold
Featuring [Underscore]: Victor
1. MADesigns Eyes Confidence ~ Intense Depth
2. Kyxe Skins & Shapes Glamour II Butterscotch
3. [Mirror's Enigma]: Sofia Dusk Skintone
4. Face Paint: Midas Touch Bronze
5. Manifeste Poses

No comments:

Post a Comment