Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Little Sister Pestering -- Featuring Sky from Christmas Market Event, Also Kyxe Skins & Shapes, .::Shellac, and MADesigns

So how do I see myself in this modeling and fashion world. Last year, when I first began writing my blog, it was late April, and I had a huge moment of self doubt, erased the first 7 or 8 posts on my blog and was going to wait a while. A good friend, who came to mean the world to me - Eve Express - nudged me not to give up on the blog thing and also hired me to work with and for her. I miss her!


I called myself a baby model, a model so green I had no idea what to do with myself and yet people inspired me and helped me and mentored me and gave me things to blog when I probably had no business doing it except the passion to learn and grow.


It can be very intimidating, wanting something so much and knowing no one. I wasn't going to stay in that place though. I wanted to reach out, get to know people and evolve. I remember the first time I met Ms. Ponchi. She did a favor for me, for Eve. Later, I met Mr. Frolic Juan Delgado and he helped with this and that. They both seemed larger than life.


Now here it is, over a year since I met those two, a year that was filled with joy and crushing failure, a year and a few days to pass 105, and to get certified with Miss Virtual World. What am I now? I'm sure in their ears, their IMs, their Facebook links, I'm the quintessential little sister, pestering, always asking a new question, advice, and being a nuisance. I know more people now, more people I can pester!

But honestly, I cherish these people who've invested in me. I AM at the little sister age. I think there are stages that many models pass through. Some stay and go through all of them, others only get their feet wet. It will take years, more than just this one, to get to a point where I feel like a grown up model, and the joy of that is, I'm glad for the journey! Live! Laugh! Love!

Featuring Sky from the Christmas Market Event
- Sky Shooting Star Tattoo
- Sky Bow Skirt
- Sky Winter Coat Jacket
- Sky (Gacha Rare) Sneaker Boot
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Atlantis%20City%202/27/101/1224
Also Featuring Kyxe Skins & Shapes Glamour Ombre Nude
Also Featuring .::Shellac Slink Nails Autumn Palate
Also Featuring MADesigns ~ Eyelashes - Lush Lash 
Also Featuring MADesigns ~ Eyes - Dark Path
1. FINESMITH: 02 Earrings
2. FINESTITH: Tyra Necklace
3. Kyxe Skins & Shapes: Splendor Eyeshadow Brown Diamonds
4. SLink: Elegant 1
5. Hairoin: 10 Hour Hair
6. Kyxe Skins & Shapes: Lily Skintone
7. Manifeste Poses

No comments:

Post a Comment