Sunday, December 23, 2012

Carrie's Lingerie: Lina

I've come a long way since my debut as a store model for Carrie's Lingerie. I pulled out the old shape that she and her manager Naughty Princess helped choose for me. I had so many things to learn and working with Carrie and her staff for a little more than 6 months impacted my world in ways I couldn't see then but now in retrospect, I see how valuable it was and how much it's helped to make me who and what I am today.



I loved the job, meeting new people, and the lingerie was beautiful then and even more so with each passing month as the designer improves with each new creation. At Carrie's I had a lot to learn, and my first big 'OOPS' that ended up with a negative parting. I made two serious decisions at that point. First, I realized that my name, as a model, as an assistant, as a friend... my name means something and when I disappointed the staff at Carrie's, I did not represent their name well in that moment, but I also did not represent my name very well. I do not work in the fashion industry to get rich or famous. I do it because I love it. I want people to know me for my good name, not for errors I made along the way. The second decision I made related to that human element of 'explosion' in the face of a problem, and after the explosion passed and the air cleared, I realized I'd let one negative situation blow out of proportion and break bonds that had been building for almost six months. One bad day on anyone's part in six months actually is an awesome track record. If I had it to do all over again, I'd address the issue so differently. As this year, 2012 comes to an end, I reflect back and had to put a Carrie's blog post up so I could reflect on Carrie's Lingerie, Carrie and her staff. 

P.S. Ciaobella, I pulled out my old shape that Carrie and Naughty and a few others helped me create, just for you. After we talked last about blogging, I thought your point was correct, and I worked there long enough to know how Carrie liked her clothing modeled. Voluptuous Caryn returned for a cameo appearance. ~smiles~

Oooh, and P.S.S. I still adore the Bax boots you suggested, Naughty. They're still perfect for so many things! Thank you.

Featured Carrie's Lingerie Lina 
Featured EMO-tions Resolution 
1. Custom Shape (Modified from R.icielli) 
2. Glam Affair Skin: Jadis 
3. Poetic Eyes: Quicksilver 
4. Face Paint: 1 of 12 Days of Christmas Gifts 'Poinsettia' 
5. Natural Beauty Lashes 
6. Sexy Mama Valentine Sculpted Nails 
7. Bax Boots: Black Suede 
8. Beloved Jewelry: Cuff Bracelets + Chantelle Silver/Emerald Set

No comments:

Post a Comment