Saturday, December 28, 2013

Sittin On the Dock Of the Bay -- Featuring Carrie's Lingerie, EMO-tions, AsHmOoT, and .::Shellac

I attended a farewell party today. Mr. Frolic has sold his whole world of Second Life fashion to Ms. Reign and as they change hands this December, a lot of change presents itself. Each of them will deal with many changes over the next little while and it will generate a lot of emotion.


I get wistful at this time of year, also thinking of changes. I look at what's good from the year I've just lived. I analyze things that went awry. And then I begin planning for the new year. It's a little bit scary, letting go of things in the past. It's so easy to doubt self, and want to grasp again. Human Nature I think.


I worked with this series of photos this past couple of days as I daydreamed. As I kept framing it and trying different things, I thought about dropping something when I sit on the side of a boat or a pool, and those things disappear. Sometimes they drop accidentally and still they're gone forever. Other times it's intentional.


I lived in an apartment for a period of time, during a transition from one state to the other, and it happened to be summer so I utilized the pool for sunbathing and the occasional swim. Once, I lost my wedding ring in the pool. I didn't notice it till much later that night. The next day, I anxiously scoured the pool and with some crazy blessing of fortune, I found it.


As Mr. Frolic lets go and Ms. Reign takes charge, I hope they feel the animated sense of energy I felt when I found that ring. I felt passionately about it. I felt grateful. It was the very best thing that could have happened.

Whenever we make decisions, to let go or to grasp firmly and never let go, those decisions impact our lives intensely. As a new year dawns for all of us, I pray that each of my friends and readers have that certainty. The desire to hold on tightly or let go, with all your heart, knowing it is good and right. I hope that for you.

Live! Laugh! Love!

Thank you Carrie's Lingerie for a lovely Midnight Mania
Featuring Carrie's Lingerie Lace Devine
Featuring EMO-tions Moonshadow Necklace
Featuring AsHmOoT White Dolly Heels
Featuring .::Shellac Couture Designs Green
1. EMO-tions: Lucinda
2. MADesigns: Eyes Attention Deep
3. Candy Nail: Enishi White
4. [Mirror's Enigma]: Ashley Medium Skintone
5. Kyxe Skins & Shapes: Glamour Lips Ombre Delicate
6. Poses in studio at Image Essentials

No comments:

Post a Comment