Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Upside Down and It's Okay -- Featuring Evolve, .::Shellac, EMO-tions, [#7], MADesigns

Sometimes the world feels upturned. It happens in an instant. You can be standing in line at a grocery store and realize you don't have your purse. Suddenly, you're transported far from the grocery, trying to figure out when you last saw it. It's heart racing, adrenaline pumping anxiety causing stress.


I guess that's a good way to explain how Christmas might feel about now, December 17, one week from the deadline people set for the perfect gift, the perfect hosting of a party, the perfect family reunion. No wonder it's a little like the world has shaken and ended up on its head.


Somewhere along the way, I found that I could not enjoy a holiday that felt like this. I had to figure out how to embrace the joy without absorbing the crazy. Each year, I think it's a new fight, seeking out the beauty in the midst of all that could be less than beautiful.


This year finds me close to Christmas with grown sons, one with a fiance-ish, and thankfully no grandchildren yet! I told them they have to do some more growing up first. How does one take care of a family when one still thinks that pizza is a food group?

Their age and stage suits for a calm and quiet holiday. We get to share personally but not explosively. For this year, I've had a few upturned moments, then things settled again. I think it's calm for now. Calm and bright. Like the song. If you haven't found the peace this holiday, I send you heaping scoops.

Live! Laugh! Love!

Featuring Evolve After the Rain
Featuring EMO-tions Kaluha Set
Featuring .::Shellac 
- Lipstick Matte Scarlet 2
- Couture Design Set 2
- Windows Nails for Mesh Hands
Featuring [#7] Bethlehem Lashes {MC}
Featuring MADesigns Ava
1. SLink: Elegant 1 Hands
2. Kyxe Skins & Shapes: Glamour Sunset
3. MADesigns: Eyes Attention Painless
4. Taken on Image Essentials Sim - Props and Poses Provided

2 comments: