Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Wanderlust and My Passion For Life -- Featuring Miamai w/Donna Florin and Moondance Boutique from Fashion for Life, EMO-tions, Face Paint, and BowChicka Atame

I've been on my way a while now. I don't know exactly when the journey began and I have no idea how I'll know when the journey ends. When I think of the word journey, I think of the great author J.R.R. Tolkien The Hobbit: The Unexpected Journey. If you're not a fan of Middle Earth, and the stories of Bilbo and later Frodo Baggins, I suppose you wouldn't understand the reference.

 Hobbits and we humans find ourselves traveling before we know we're going somewhere at times, and sometimes long after we think we've arrived, we're still working on the how or what or why we took off in the first place. Maybe we're just tiny little critters that like to hop lily pad to lily pad.

Many of the things I've chosen to do since I came into this world 45 years ago relate to my abhorrence of all things boring. Before you could begin the word with that very first letter, b... I'm outta here. If I stay still, and get bored, I'm afraid I'd be the first one picked up in the paddy wagon and taken to the nice room with the soft white walls where I could bang my head safely all day and through the night.

I took leave of absence from my brain this past few months. And today, I looked up and 6 months had passed. I had a real life altering December, and felt unable to make commitments or promises to anyone in my virtual world or otherwise. I'd be there, maybe. Now I'm coming out of a drug induced stupor and realize that there's a whole world of living to be done, and yes, baby steps. I don't want to overdo.

But who wants to take tiny steps when there's so much to see and try and taste and touch? It's ironic getting involved in this year's Relay for Life - http://www.relayforlife.org/getinvolved/donate/ - I'd have never expected to be one of the statistics. I knew my kidney issue. I was born with it. We're old friends. This big Cancer thing was shockingly in my face and wow, what a wallop.

So when I put on Donna Florin, already passed on to a happier place, a dress she created and one that Miamai resurrected to raise money for Cancer research, I had a moment or three of many thoughts. Gratitude for doctors who with hopeful optimism, removed my tumor, happiness for family and friends like the people at Miamai who thought to release a few of Donna Florin's favorite things, and joy to know that so many of the people I call friend online are people who also get involved and invested in this huge successful project.

I've been asked, "If you blog for them, how do you donate?" I donate directly to the Relay for Life website. I've tried to include it on most of my FFL posts and will continue to post it for everyone's access. You can buy items in world AND donate to the .org donation place too. The more the better, and chances are, one day soon, people I know or people who come along in a generation after me won't be talking about how scary the big C is.

I have Moondance Boutique's jewelry Oscar Nails and Jewelry set, one of two that are also part of FFL. Additionally, I have the last of the recent windblown hair looks EMO-tions released this past week. Windblown describes more than my hair. It feels like Wanderlust (the theme of Fashion for Life on SL) and part of that has taken root in my hair, while the rest has become me and one with my spirit. I'm happy to show new Face Paint items as well as heels from BowChicka Atame.

My greatest thanks to those who make this blog thing I do possible:
Featuring from Fashion For Life Donna Flora via Miamai Peacock Dress
Featuring from Fashion For Life Moondance Jewels and SLink Nails Oscar Diamond Set
Featuring EMO-tions Windblown 8
Featuring Face Paint Avante Liner Blue
Featuring Face Paint Glam Set Eye Copper and Lip Screaming Dirty Crimson
Featuring BowChicka Atame Shoes Blue and Silver
1. Kyxe Skins & Shapes: Blossom Skin Tone
2. KMADD/Moda: Mesh Eyes
3. SLink: Elegant 1 Hands
-- Female High Feet
4. Manifeste Poses
5. Background by KaTink

No comments:

Post a Comment